The Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark is led by Archbishop John Wilson and is home to St George’s Cathedral, 175 parishes and 169 schools, serving people in South London, Kent and a part of Surrey. We spend our £29m income on a huge range of activities, from supporting the mission and ministry of our parishes and schools, to hundreds of projects helping those most in need in society and are now seeking two Fundraising Volunteers.
Title of volunteer role: Fundraising Volunteer role
Volunteer Supervisor: Head of Fundraising
Age Requirement: Over 18 years
Number of volunteers required: Two
When: May / June 2022
Location: Bowen House, 59 Westminster Bridge Road, SE1 7JE
Nearest Stations: Waterloo/Lambeth North/Elephant Castle
Role Summary: We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to be based in the finance office located in Southwark, to help the fundraising team with administration. This role will suit someone who is looking to get hands on experience in an office environment.
This role will involve the following tasks:
- Inputting data onto a database
- Scanning and filing paperwork
- Franking letters and bringing them to the local post-office
- General administration
The role brings opportunities for someone to get a good idea on how a fundraising department works and its various component parts, as well as gaining valuable office skills.
You will work alongside an energetic, positive, collaborative team of four, who will provide support and training to you in this role.
- Ideal commitment is for two days per week between May and June.
- Minimum commitment is 1 day each week between May and June
Skills and qualities required:
- Organised and enthusiastic
- Great people skills – approachable, helpful and friendly
- Attention to detail
- Professional and resilient
- Good telephone skills
- Experienced with word/excel
You’ll meet with and work alongside the Head of Fundraising and Parish Fundraising & Appeals Manager. You will receive training relevant to the activities you are most able to participate in.
- Helping a worthwhile charity
- Opportunity to develop fundraising and office skills
- Meet new people
- Be active and engaged
- Add value to the charity
- Learn new and transferable skills and improve your CV
Please send your CV with a cover note explaining you are interested in this role to Sarah Wood, HR Manager, via email email@example.com
If you have any questions about this role, please email or call Roisin McLaughlin, Head of Fundraising, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7960 2504.
Thank you for your interest!