Become an Apprentice within the Archdiocese of Southwark
We are looking for a Gift Aid & Supporter Care Apprentice to be based in the finance office and supporting the Fundraising and Gift Aid team. This role will suit someone who is looking to get hands on experience in office administration, charity administration and fundraising, building strong customer service skills, working within a new and developing team, or maybe someone who could bring their existing office experience and skills to support the team.
This role will involve tasks such as processing gift aid, banking and processing donations, delivering excellent customer service and care to our charity supporters, inputting and managing data onto a CRM database, mail-merging thank you letters, general administration, scanning and filing, helping to organise events, printing and mailing materials, etc. The role brings opportunities for someone to develop their office administration skills, learn about charity fundraising and developing a strong understanding of charity financial processing and management.
The Gift Aid & Supporter Care Apprentice will work within a passionate, friendly, hard-working and driven team of three staff, who in turn will support you in your own professional development. The ideal candidate will be a natural people’s person, someone who prides themselves on their diligence and accuracy, and someone who would like to put both their logical and creative talents to use.
- Delivering excellent customer service and care
- Opening fundraising post and managing the email inbox
- Processing, banking and acknowledging donations
- Learning about Gift Aid and managing the Gift Aid database
- Using a CRM to register gifts and update donor’s records
- Managing the Gift Aid inbox – triage incoming emails
- Sending out thank you letters to supporters
- Proof reading and amending newsletters to a print ready standard
- Printing and packaging newsletters for delivery
- Populating spreadsheets
- Helping to organise, promote and run fundraising events
- General office administration (filing, scanning, designing materials, printing, mail-merging, postage)
Skills and qualities required:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experienced with word/excel (further training provided)
- Friendly, organised and enthusiastic individual
- Team player but also confident lone working
- Great people skills – approachable, helpful and friendly
- Professional and resilient
- Good telephone skills
- An interest in research and picking out key facts from lots of data and information
You’ll meet with and work alongside the Gift Aid & Supporter Care Officer, Head of Fundraising and the Parish Fundraising and Appeals Manager. You will receive training relevant to the activities you are most able to participate in. In addition, your apprenticeship programme will be the Level 3 Business Administrator Standard.
- Helping a worthwhile charity
- Opportunity to develop office and charity administration skills
- Learn about charity finance
- Learn about Event Organising
- Meet new people
- Be active and engaged
- Add value to the charity
- Learn new and transferable skills and improve your CV
Monday - Friday 9am - 5.00pm
Travel Expenses will be paid
Mix of working from home and office working
GCSE A-C in Maths and English or equivalent qualifications are required.
Please apply via Indeed: Gift Aid & Supporter Care Apprentice - London SE1 - Indeed.com