Hours 37.5 per week – includes 5 seven-hour shifts over 7 days 11am – 7pm
Reports to: Maintenance Manager and Director
Salary: £29,427.00 per annum
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
Carry out agreed maintenance and minor repairs to the Kairos Centre and grounds.
Plan and carry out maintenance and upkeep of garden areas not covered by a Grounds Maintenance Contract.
Manage external maintenance contractors, and ensure grounds, rooms and public areas are clean, safe and tidy both inside and outside and that meeting rooms are set up to meet guest requirements.
As this role will include early evening securing of the premises, the working hours are 11am-7pm, 5 days per week, over a seven-day period.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Maintenance Officer will play a crucial role in delivering an efficient, high-quality and cost-effective repairs and maintenance service on a daily basis.
- Undertake minor plumbing, carpentry, decorating and electrical repairs or make areas safe where contractors are not required.
- Ensure that on completion of works, the site is safe and presentable for guest usage.
- Liaise with Grounds maintenance contractors and bring any areas of concern to their attention.
- Carry out routine checks, such as the weekly fire alarm test and, calling out service engineers as necessary.
- Supervision of contractors when directed.
- Assist the maintenance team, when for health and safety purposes, two-man working is required
- Be responsible for all plant and machinery, tools and equipment, in accordance with Health and Safety requirements and manufacturers’ instructions. Ensuring they are kept clean and in good working order.
- Setting up of meeting rooms and provision of required equipment.
- Undertake maintenance of flower beds, outdoor pots and greenhouses and other areas of the grounds, which are outside the scope of the contractor’s maintenance contract.
- Discuss garden maintenance and reported repair requirements regularly with the Director and agree the work to be done. Review and agree the garden maintenance schedule with the Director and arrange for areas to be isolated while the work is carried out.
- Keep driveway, paths and patios clean and clear of debris, weeds and secure loose paving stones and carry out gritting in icy conditions.
- Carry out additional ad hoc duties as reasonably requested by the Director and be available to support other staff if necessary.
- Due to the nature of the activities of the Kairos Centre and the round the clock opening, there is a requirement to work flexibly which may involve some early mornings, late evenings and occasional weekend working.
- Attend staff meetings from time to time and participate in training activities as required.
- Be familiar with the fire precautions and all emergency procedures.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Charity and at all times uphold the values, philosophy and ethos of the Centre
Requirements for this role
- Experience with general maintenance and repairs.
- Experience in maintaining gardens.
- Knowledge of plant suitability for different habitats.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations relating to the work activity.
- GCSE – English & Math’s or equivalent, City & Guilds Trade Qualifications or similar
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and safely
- Commitment to the PSMG ethos and values
- Caring, motivated and adopting a positive attitude
- Able to work flexibly and travel within the UK as and when required
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or call HR on 020 8788 4351.
For further details please click here https://www.poorservants.org/recruitment/