What is happening to our Common Home and how should we care for the earth and the poor in order to create a fairer economy for everyone? Southwark's Justice and Peace in Creation Commission (JPIC) invites everyone to join them in order to learn more and contribute ideas at their Autumn Assembly on 20th November 2021.
JPIC Assembly Programme:
Saturday 20th November 2021
at Corpus Christi Catholic Church,
11 Trent Road, Brixton Hill SW2 5BJ
To tackle climate change we must listen to those who are most affected. In other words, those who had the least to do with causing the crisis, but who will be the hardest hit.
Mass is celebrated at 10 am - Please join us in the parish hall afterwards.
10.30 am - Arrivals, registration and refreshments
11.00 am – Opening prayer and welcome
11.10 am - What happened at COP26 - 4 views
(7-minute presentations, followed by 5 minutes audience buzz around questions suggested by speaker, then 8 minutes of discussion/question to the speaker from the floor).
- CAFOD (Celeste Lyinbo or Sarah Cadwallader)
- Jesuit Missions (Colm Fahy)
- Camino to COP and Christian Climate Action (Barbara Wilson)
- FairTrade Foundation (Rosa Shea)
12.30 - 13.15 - Lunch - please bring a packed lunch with you!
1.15 pm - What do we do now? Some inspiration for individuals and parishes:
1.20 pm - One parish’s live simply story (Sacred Heart, Wimbledon)
1.50 pm - Laudato Si’ Animators
2.20 pm - Break into groups to discuss what we are already doing and what more can be done by individuals/families, parishes and schools, the diocese/wider Church, in our neighbourhoods.
14.50 - Plenary feedback and agreed outcome from Groups
15.20 - closing prayer and depart
Travel details to Corpus Christi Catholic Church, Brixton Hill
- Buses from Brixton Road / Underground / Brixton Station - 59, 159, 133, 333, 250, 109 to BRIXTON WATER LANE stop. One minute walk to 11 Trent Road.
- Or a 10-minute walk from - Brixton Underground - Victoria Line.
- Brixton Train Station - Orpington Line.
For more information