This September and October the UK will welcome the relics of St Bernadette, which will travel from the Upper Basilica in Lourdes to every Diocese in England and Wales, including the Archdiocese of Southwark. The invitation to host the relics was issued by the Shrine of Lourdes to the Bishops of England and Wales, and as part of this special tour, they will spend two days, between 19th and 20th October 2022, at St George's Cathedral, Southwark.
Guide to visiting St Bernadette's Relics at St George's Cathedral
- St George's Cathedral will open at 7.15 am each day.
- All Masses last approximately 30 minutes unless otherwise specified.
- The Relics will be closed to visitors from 12.15 pm - 1 pm to prepare for Mass on both dates, and re-opened after services.
- Please register your visit by booking in advance for the comfort and safety of all guests.
Watch the live-stream of Solemn Mass
- Wednesday 19th October 2022 at 6 pm -
Principal Celebrant: Archbishop Wilson
Thursday 20th October at 6 pm
Principal Celebrant: Fr Michael Branch, Dean of St George's Cathedral
Amigo Hall (located next to the Cathedral) has male/female lavatory facilities, with disabled-friendly provision.
The local area is well served by cafes and restaurants near the Cathedral.
There are many opportunities to park near St George’s, but we regret that no parking will be possible on-site.
How to get to St George's Cathedral, Southwark
Those travelling are encouraged, where possible, to use public transport
BOOKING IS NOW OPEN
To register, please visit the relevant booking page:
For more general information visit: stbernadette.org.uk