Life in the Spirit Seminars comprise a series of talks and discussions held on five weekday evenings during May and early June, as well as an all-day retreat.
The Seminars are designed as an introduction to a life lived in the power of the Holy Spirit. They provide an opportunity for you to find out more about that life, and to be helped in taking the first steps of a new relationship with Our Lord. They are being run by the Agency for Evangelisation and Catechesis, St George's Cathedral and the Archdiocese of Southwark's Catholic Charismatic Renewal Team.
The Life in the Spirit Seminars grew out of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal. In 2019, Pope Francis asked CHARIS International - the newly-established Catholic Church entity serving the worldwide Catholic Charismatic Renewal - to make the Baptism in the Spirit available around the world, to everyone in the Church.
The weekly Life in the Spirit seminars will take place on 2nd, 9th, 16th, 30th May and 6th June in the following formats:
- in person at St George's Cathedral
- at a number of parish hubs(located at: Beckenham, Canterbury, East Dulwich, New Malden, Orpington, Purley, Ramsgate, Ramsgate, Tunbridge Wells, Twickenham - see more information under the registration tab below)
In addition, an all-day retreat will take place at St George's Cathedral on 27th May. This will also be live-streamed.
What are the talk topics?
- GOD'S LOVE - Tue 2 May - Speaker: Abhy Thomas
- SALVATION - Tue 9 May - Speaker: Maria Heath
- NEW LIFE - Tue 16 May - Speaker: Mike Goldsmith
- RETREAT DAY AT THE CATHEDRAL - Sat 27 May (Pentecost Saturday) - Speaker: Michelle Moran. Followed by Vigil Mass of Pentecost at 6pm, Celebrant: Bishop Philip Moger
- GROWTH - Tue 30 May - Speaker: Yoofi Clark
- TRANSFORMATION - Tue 6 June - Speaker: Alice Hall.
Visit https://aec.rcaos.org.uk/liss for more on the content of our Seminars, including brief biographies of the Speakers.
Please click the link below to register for the seminars. All are welcome.
If you would like to find out more about Life in the Spirit Seminars, including parish hub locations, click here.