Based in Bowen House SE1, we are looking for a full time Administrator to support the work of a number of departments including (but not limited to) the Moderator of the Curia, HR/Payroll, Finance and Property. The administrative work will include:
- undertaking specific processes such as reference checking
- maintenance of electronic and hardcopy files
- document scanning and filing
- dealing with queries via phone, email and face-to-face
- maintaining content on the Resource Centre and website
- organising mailouts
- helping organise and run events
- liaising with a wide range of different people, both internally and externally including senior clergy, parish priests and their staff, volunteers, lawyers, surveyors and many more
- dealing with daily post
- reception duties
- ad hoc projects
Reporting to the Executive Assistant, the ideal candidate will have considerable previous administrative/secretarial experience, a good understanding of the Catholic church and be very self-motivated. Excellent organisation and IT skills are essential. Given that this role will involve supporting a range of different functions the job holder must be very adaptable and able to cope with changing demands and deadlines.
The hours are 0900 to 1700 Monday to Friday, with a salary range of £26,000 to £29,000 per annum based on skills and experience. These are the hours we are ideally seeking but we may consider a slight reduction in these hours for a part-time option if necessary. Please note salary and holidays would be pro-rated if part time. Please indicate on your application if you can only do part-time hours and what hours you would want.
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV along with a covering letter to HR@rcaos.org.uk by the closing date of 28th October 2022.